Office volunteers play an important role taking booking requests by phone, logging details and connecting that person with a driver. The Office is open between 9.30 – 11am Monday – Friday and is normally run by two people each day.
Can I offer my time as an Office Volunteer?
It is great to have a bank of people who we can rely on to carry out the office role. Ideally the volunteer would assist in the office one day a week or one day every two weeks.
Full training will be provided.
What are the requirements to be an Office Volunteer?
The office worker should:
- have a friendly and professional telephone manner and be able to put a client at their ease
- be methodical and organised
- be a patient listener on the phone as clients may have difficulty with hearing or memory
- be able to work with others in a team
- be 18 years old or over
- be able to use basic phone and computer operations, such as an answerphone, copier and email (training will be given)
- make handwritten notes, take down and record details accurately
- be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement and complete a Disclosure and Barring Service application form
How to apply to be an office volunteer?
The best place to start is to contact our secretary, Jane Forde by email and provide your details, such as name, where you live and your phone number. She will call you back for an informal chat during which she can answer your questions and give you more information.
email – contact details click here.
If you think you would like to take it further, Jane will meet up with you in person to go through the small amount of paperwork needed and go through the role in more detail.